Monday, February 21, 2011

Update: The near spring flow.

I've got some new reviews on the. In fact i will most likely have one up tonight. We all know i'm a slacker...well less slacker and more insanely busy. My new band and job hunt have been keeping me rather occupied. However, the Book of Poo will forever live on.

Speaking of things living on...Have you heard that the remaining members of Sublime, Bud Gaugh and Eric Wilson, have changed the name slightly and gotten a new singer/guitarist. Yeah...that's right...a version of Sublime is tour and making new music. I know there are going to be haters. There generally are. My skepticism nearly won out over genetic curiosity, but i did check out this new line up. Taking over the late Bradly Nowell's spot is a youngster named Rome Ramerez. Upon hearing this kid...chills ran up my spine. He doesn't have the pure passion of Bradly, but if i were to just close my eyes...and i did...it's like having Brad back. Youtube "Sublime and Rome"...check it out. Trust me...i'll be the first one to start flinging poo, but this kid is practically the reincarnation of Brad. He won't ever be him. Oh, NO! He won't, but give him a chance...to have this outfit running around. OH man...I'm going to give them a shot. When that album drops i'll have it and give you a video review of it. That's right...a full on video. These guys deserve it. For now check out this one track, "Panic". If this is the next in line for Sublime...I'm satisfied.

Now we just need "Sublime with Rome" to tour with Operation Ivy.






~~ Hydro

No comments:

Post a Comment